Hair Fall Causes. Typically shedding of 60-100 hair strands per day is absolutely natural and normal as per our hair cycle.
But what if the balance is interrupted? *What if the rate of your hair loss exceeds your hair growth rate?*
*That’s when you begin to see more of those ‘patches’ or ‘gaps’ on your head*
In today’s time around 50% of the population experiences hair fall.
Below is th list of the 6 common hair fall causes.
Yes! Significant emotional stress and hair fall are related, cliche but it’s true. It is also a hair fall causes.
Telogen effluvium is the scientific name for stress induced hair loss. Stress causes early termination of anagen or the growth phase of hair cycle
But the good news is stress induced hair loss is usually temporary and we can tackle this.. How?
Eat a healthy,well balanced plant-based meal. *Health is Wealth, after all!*
Take your supplements
Try meditation, yoga, anger/anxiety management
Excessive use of hot tools
Very often usage of hot styling tools can make your hair dry prone to breakage and consequently more likely to fall out.It yes it is also a hair fall causes.
Excessive heat damages the hair protein called keratin making it brittle and can also erode the vibrancy of your hair colour by destroying its natural melanin pigment.
How to prevent this?
Always use a heat protectant serum or spray before heat styling
Heavy conditioning of your hair
Keeping the temperature set of the styling tool below 300 degrees.
Not protecting your hair from the Sun
Over exposure to the afternoon sun can cause premature aging of your hair. *It can make your hair dry, brittle and dull, and cause premature greying by destroying the natural melanin pigment.*
Protect your hair through hair scarves, hats or caps.
Hair masks once a week will help
Condition your hair regularly.
Tobacco smoking has always been associated with adverse effects on the hair and skin. Smoking reduces the blood circulation of the scalp by shrinking the blood vessels. It also weakens the immune system which can lead to certain diseases that can cause hair loss
Using excessive hair care products
Excess of Everything is Bad! 👎🏻
Using too many products without proper cleansing or care can cause product build up. This in turn forms a thick layer on the scalp and prevents moisture and even water from getting into the hair follicles and completely devoids it off nutrition.
When figuring out how much product to use on your hair take,note of the length the thickness and then use your judgement to decide how much product you will need.
Dandruff also known as a cosmetic disease is a very common problem. It is also a hair fall causes.
It does not directly cause hair loss but the two may be linked. Mild dandruff can be treated with regular hair washes while severe dandruff requires proper medication.
To keep dandruff at bay and maintain healthy hair
These tips may help you avoid preventable types of hair loss:
- Be gentle with your hair. Use a detangler and avoid tugging when brushing and combing, especially when your hair is wet. A wide-toothed comb might help prevent pulling out hair. Avoid harsh treatments such as hot rollers, curling irons, hot-oil treatments and permanents. Limit the tension on hair from styles that use rubber bands, barrettes and braids.
- Ask your doctor about medications and supplements you take that might cause hair loss.
- Protect your hair from sunlight and other sources of ultraviolet light.
- Stop smoking. Some studies show an association between smoking and baldness in men.
- If you’re being treated with chemotherapy, ask your doctor about a cooling cap. This cap can reduce your risk of losing hair during chemotherapy.
- Use shampoos containing ketoconazole 2% once a week for 5 to 7 minutes
- Meditation for 5 to 10 minutes will decrease the cell turnover rate
- Use cold showers
- Proper diet
- or Cosult our expert doctor for hair fall problems